Y’all, I just finished my first year of teaching and I HAVE A SUMMER BREAK! I don’t think I’ve had a real summer break since 1985. Seriously. I am stoked.
Here is my unreasonable list of things to accomplish/do/enjoy over the coming weeks:
- Go to the pool with my kids. Every. Single. Day.
- Teach Quinn to read.
- Work with Maya on her math and reading.
- Organize my garage. (It’s a hot mess.)
- Redo the landscaping in my backyard. (I want to take out a lot of bushes and put in a stone patio.)
- Blog more.
- Spend quality time with my parents, my brother and his family, and of course, my precious husband and kids.
- Take the kids to Wild River Country water park.
- Get my lesson plans ready for this upcoming school year.
- Read (and finish) at least one book just for fun.
- Continue yoga 3x/week.
- Take naps…because I can.
- Hug my sweet children and tell them that I love them until they beg me to stop.
This week with the suicides of two high-profile people has reminded me of how fleeting life is and how you just never know. You never know what someone is going through privately. And you never know when someone you love will leave this earth. I’m so very grateful to have the next several weeks to focus on my people and love on them. Life is precious and I don’t want to miss a moment with those that matter most to me.
So I encourage you to slow down a bit (it’s too hot to move fast anyway) and spend sweet time with those you love.