This post is sponsored by Arkansas Women Bloggers to promote Bush’s Hummus Made Easy. I received free product to sample for this review and am being compensated for my time. However, this all photos and ideas on this blog are my own.
Hello May! It’s a busy month ahead with Kennedy’s high school graduation, summer plans to make for the kiddos, and several birthdays (including my own!). And with the warmer weather, I am in need of some fresh menu ideas for my family. My go-to soups and slower cooker dishes are too heavy for the hot Arkansas summer, so this month I’m going to try out some all-new-to-me recipes. Hopefully you will like them too.
My first recipe to share is Zucchini Hummus Wraps. I made the wraps for the first time today, and it was so fresh and delicious. The basis of this recipe is Bush’s Classic Hummus Made Easy and a can of Bush’s Garbanzo Beans. To make the hummus, you just rinse and drain the garbanzo beans and combine with the packet of Hummus Made Easy. You can do this in a blender, a food processor, or using an immersion blender like I did today.
Zucchini Hummus Wraps (makes 2)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 slices cheese (your choice)
- 2 large tortillas (flour or gluten-free, your choice)
- 4 tablespoons Bush’s Hummus Made Easy
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice length wise into strips. Toss sliced zucchini in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini in hot skillet and let cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Set zucchini aside.
- Place the tortillas one at a time in the hot skillet for approximately one minute, or just until a little crispy.
- Remove tortillas from skillet and assemble wraps: 2 tablespoons of hummus, one slice of cheese, zucchini slices, ½ cup baby spinach.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy immediately.
Recipe adapted from Maebells blog.
I even impressed myself with this recipe! I can’t wait to see what other recipes I can make using this yummy hummus.
You can find this Bush’s Hummus Made Easy at Walmart on the canned beans aisle. Bush’s Classic Hummus Made Easy (the one I used for this recipe) is a perfect blend of olive oil, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. There are two other flavors available: Bush’s Southwest Black Bean Hummus Made Easy and Bush’s Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Made Easy. I can’t wait to try them all!
Check out www.hummusmadeeasy.com for more information and up-to-date recipe inspirations. And stay tuned to my blog and social media this month for more recipes from me.
Come on, May! I’m ready for you.